Yoenis Cespedes - LF

Brandon Moss - RF

Josh Donaldson - 3B

Stephen Vogt - 1B

Jed Lowrie - SS

Derek Norris - C

Andy Parrino - 2B

Jeff Samardzija - RHP (3-8, 2.78 ERA) *

* CHICAGO CUBSO (2-7, 2.83 ERA) OOOOO OAKLAND ATHLETICSO (1-1, 2.40 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Withdrawal, anyone?
YES!!! They get me all pumped take a 4 game lead in the A.L. EAST, then take their lead and go home for 4 days. :slytf:

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the bullpen in particular, needed that long, 4-day rest ...... physically, mentally, and emotionally.

This long layoff only happens once a year, and considering how badly our bullpen needed the time off, the Oriole baseball-less 4 days was definitely worth it to me.

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the bullpen in particular, needed that long, 4-day rest ...... physically, mentally, and emotionally.

This long layoff only happens once a year, and considering how badly our bullpen needed the time off, the Oriole baseball-less 4 days was definitely worth it to me.

Oh I agree it was more sarcastic then anything, let's hope CD comes back on fire gee's that average can't go any lower can it? Also hope Machado is nimble in the batters box he may need to step out quickly :cool:

If I spring a leak she mends me

I don't have to speak she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Good luck had just stung me

To the race track I did go

She bet on one horse to win

And I bet on another to show

Odds were in my favor

I had him five to one

When that nag came around the track

Sure enough we had won

levon1.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a> are telling teams that they "can't take on any extra money," according to <a href="https://twitter.com/elliottbaseball">@elliottbaseball</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MLB?src=hash">#MLB</a></p>— Max Wildstein ⚾️ (@MaxWildstein) <a href="

">July 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Yes absolutely. Runs until midnight on weeknights and 1am Friday and Saturday 
    • This plus no reason to move him back up until near the All Star break if Elias and co is convinced he can hit mlb breaking balls and he is on a hot streak. 
    • Beavers at first base again tonight.  Two hits and an rbi (in 7th inning)  I searched his time at firstbase.  He has only played it only 2 times not sure the time tonight is recorded so it might be 3.  Seems like they are not really trying to give him much time there.  If they really wanted him to pick up the position then playing him there once a week would be better.   Wonder why they are putting him over there?
    • I mean, Kimbrel got two outs. Akin just needs an out to get a save. He should convert that 75% of the time. I have no problem with Akin getting a BS there. I agree, if there is a negative version of "quality start" for relief appearances, Kimbrel definitely deserves one of those.  
    • Not sure what the point of your post is, but I live in Venice Beach and have lived in the LA area for over 30 years.  I live in an area that used to be infested with gangs and drug dealers but now sports $4-5 million homes that I can't afford to buy.  Yet there is still an occasional murder in the vicinity. I think of moving back to Maryland or Virginia all the time because in my opinion people just live better there -- at least people with normal incomes do.  If you're afraid of big cities, well I can't help you there except to say the suburbs of Baltimore and DC are among the nicest in the country.  And many of them are affordable too.  I grew up in Howard Country and started to miss the mid-Atlantic area, especially during Covid.  And yes I miss Baltimore and DC too, not to mention Annapolis, the Bay, Northern Virginia and so on.  And I'd consider moving into Baltimore having spent so much time there in high school and college -- though more likely a suburb closer to family.  Now to get this thread back on track -- I hope Frobby's next Nats/Orioles experience is an enjoyable one that does not involve Craig Kimbrel in the 9th inning.  🙂
    • Does the Metro run late enough to get to and from the stadium?  I went to a preseason game with my brother there a few years ago and parking was so far away that we may as well have walked from where we came from, and driving in the city was also a nightmare.  So if I ever go to another game there, it's going to have to be on the train. 
    • Orioles were off today but felt this was worth a post as the O’s are now up 2 in the loss column and in first place as Hader did not blow the game in the 9th. Orioles 24-12, 0.5 games up, 7-3 last 10 yanks 25-14, 6-4 last 10
  • Popular Contributors